Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] REQUEST: Atahualpa MultiSite Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:02 AM
LANtait

56 posts · Jan 2011
Cebu Island, Philippines ~ I live on a tropical island!
Lightbulb [SOLVED] REQUEST: Atahualpa MultiSite Forum

I request a Atahualpa MultiSite Forum?

This would be specifically to cover MultiSite challenges and issues.

I would be willing to come on the board and support MultiSite users with specific MultiSite/Atahualpa issues.

I am new to WordPress. I have been an Atahualpa user for 1 day as of this writing.

However, I have about 40 years of computer programing (since before my 10 kids and 11 grandchildren were born).

But I only have 15 years experience with PHP.

Since I started with Atahualpa (yesterday), I wrote a tiny patch that solves the MultiSite Header Image Issue, the Deleted Custom Header Image Issue, and it is WordPress Standards Compliant.

If you would like to read my solution and its rationale you can...

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12205

I am currently "retired" (you Re-Tire so your car can go farther, right?). And help my wife with our system. As to WordPress here is an outline of what we use...

Atahualpa 3.6.1
WordPress 3.0.4
MultiSite Sub-Domain Mode
WP Multi Network Plugin

I loaded Atahualpa 3.6.1 into WordPress 3.0.4 in MultiSite mode with the WP Multi Network Plugin. It runs a couple dozen sites, with a dozen or so being developed.

It runs with complete Header Images for each of the sites, with full rotation features.

It does Not delete Header Images when Atahualpa or WordPress is updated automatically.

But I do not see any specific support for MultiSite / Multi Network Atahualpa...

Currently the Atahualpa Forums are:
  • New Versions, & Updating
  • Languages & Translations
  • Header configuration & styling
  • Page & Category Menu Bars
  • Center area post/pages
  • Sidebars & Widgets
  • RSS, Feeds & Subscribing
  • Plugins & Atahualpa
  • eCommerce & Atahualpa

However, there is no apparent Forum to address the specific needs and development of the MultiSite / Multi Network users, who are growing in numbers.

I therefore humbly request an Atahualpa MultiSite Forum be established for MultiSite users such as myself.

Thank You for your consideration.

LAN