Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Want to place icon in Sidebar

Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:31 PM
HalfWayThere

25 posts · Feb 2009
Want to place icon in Sidebar

Hi

Maybe I am doing something stupid here, but I am trying to insert a small image (called home2_icon.gif) in the left hand sidebar to the left of the link called "Home/Latest Post".

I have tried many different ways to get this to work, without success ...

(I know the image is rather small - that isn't the issue, as I plan to resize this once I have got the coding correct),

Thanks in advance. :-)
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:45 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Put this into HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts:

HTML Code:
.home-icon {
    background: transparent url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa3/images/home2_icon.gif) no-repeat scroll 0;
    height: 22px;
    line-height: 22px;
    padding-left: 25px;
    display: block;
    text-decoration: none;
    white-space: nowrap;
    }
Change the image path in url(......home2_icon.gif) if the image is located elsewhere.
Change height and line-height values to the height of the image.
Change padding-left to the width of the image + desired distance between image and link.

and change the link in the text widget to, i.e.:
HTML Code:
<a class="home-icon" href="/" title="Matters Today Home">Home Page/Latest Post</a>
To put space between all three image/link combis put this at the bottom of CSS Inserts:

HTML Code:
.posts-icon, 
.comments-icon,
.home-icon {
margin-top: 5px;
}

Last edited by Flynn; Feb 5, 2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: changed post-icon to posts-icon
Old Feb 7, 2009, 11:30 AM
HalfWayThere

25 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks - you are a star. I have managed to get things just as I wanted.