Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Atahualpa 3.6.0 released

Old Jan 6, 2011, 08:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Wordpress.org has changed the submission process for themes and also added quite a list of new requirements. Also, themes aren’t reviewed by Automattic employees anymore but by volunteers, i.e. theme and plugin authors.

This has various implications, one being that providing backwards compatibility with older WP versions has become an impossible task because the sheer existence of some older functions (pre WP3) will trigger an alert of the automated submission script at Wordpress.org and the theme will be denied automatically.

So from now on Atahualpa will be ready for the current and the past WP version, but not for older WP versions. Wordpress clearly does not want theme authors to provide too much backwards compatibility and rather see people upgrading to the new WP version all the time.

Consequently this 3.6 version has some old code removed and will very likely break with anything older than WP 3.0! So don’t use Atahualpa 3.6 if your WP version is older than 3.0!

One rather big change in 3.6 is that the PHP eval function that was used for custom code inserts (all the text areas in the Atahualpa admin where you can put PHP code) is now replaced by PHP stream wrappers. (”Eval” is also not allowed anymore).
  • ENHANCEMENT - Sort or Shuffle header images
  • With the new WP3 menu system
  • as of 3.5.3 Export/Import system now uses the JSON format instead of the serialized/base64_encode format used in 3.5.1 The reason for the change is that Wordpress.org won't list the base64_ version due to the malicious things often done with base64.
  • This means that if you exported a settings file in 3.5.1 or earlier, and want to import that in 3.5.3 or greater, you'd need to do some legwork: Download this zip file, extract it, rename the "uploadBASE64.php" to "upload.php" and replace the existing "upload.php" in your current version with it.
  • If you don't have old settings files that you want to import then you don't need to do the steps described above
  • added a 'Confirm' dialog to the 'Reset ALL Options' button
  • Fix styling when using the new WordPress menus
  • The classic style is used for new install and if you reset all settings
  • Allow multi-site users to see the Atahualpa Theme Options

Download 3.6.0 here:

http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=96

To do:
Old Jan 6, 2011, 08:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Make sure to apply the fix - http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12048
Old Jan 9, 2011, 07:06 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
FYI if this info might help you pinpoint troubles:

I ignored the advice to stay away from 3.6 and installed it on aghca.org. I did install the css.php and header.php bug fixes. Everything seems fine, even for the favicon, in Safari on a Macbook Air. The icon shows up where it should. However, in Chrome, which is my favorite browser, the favicon shows up in the tab but not in the URL field. I don't see any other problems. aghca.org is running WP 3.0.4 and is hosted at hostgator.com.