Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Cannot align horizontally social buttons (twt / fb)

Old Jan 23, 2012, 03:50 AM
Chass

6 posts · Jan 2012
Hello everybody,

First at all I want to say Thank You for all the help I found reading other users threads where I found a lot of help on solutions you had provided to them. That's how I was able to build my site in WP, I know that the site looks a bit empty but was the best I could and I'm just satisfied with that minimalistic look , because honestly I had the server empty for 2 years because of the high costs of web developers.

For all the issues I found a solution reading a lot of threads but here I cannot find any help.

How can I align those social buttons at the same line and giving the position I need?

I'm using the codes from the developers sites of both services because I tried before with the plugins for WP and no one work properly.

Hope you can help me.

Best,

C.

Last edited by Chass; Jan 23, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 06:27 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That is where CSS comes in. I use Firebug to determine the CSS selectors and virtually test some CSS and then paste that code in the CSS inserts section of the theme options.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:34 AM
Chass

6 posts · Jan 2012
Thanks for the answer lmilesw, I will take a look on it, and let you know if I can solve it, it sounds good. Thanks, really appreciate it!

Best,

C.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
Chass

6 posts · Jan 2012
No way, cannot make it even move...

I tried :

#follow-button {

margin-left: 70px;
}

nothing

also I tried align: left;

I tried with <tables> too... but it doesn't move.

How do you try the virtual position with Firebug, I'm lost...
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:09 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
When I looked at your site before I don't recall seeing an iframe for the icons you want to position. How did you implement the social icons? Can you wrap the code in a div?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:15 AM
Chass

6 posts · Jan 2012
ok I making it move now, going forward... coming back soon with succes (I hope so)

I've implemented the social icons with the codes from developers page from fb and twt.

Cheers

Last edited by Chass; Jan 23, 2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: response
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:19 AM
Chass

6 posts · Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
When I looked at your site before I don't recall seeing an iframe for the icons you want to position. How did you implement the social icons? Can you wrap the code in a div?
What I did was put an DIV ID to the iFrame and then making it move with the CSS.

The thing is I tried that yesterday again because I tried 6 month ago too, so I hope when I insert the right CSS lines in atahualpa that the position be right.

Do you think I'm doing it fine now?

Thanks for reply

Last edited by Chass; Jan 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: orthographic
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:39 AM
Chass

6 posts · Jan 2012
Ok, master lmilesw, thanks to You and Firebug I found out. It looks just perfect in home page.

Done! It is just great.

The only thing weird is when I reload the page the tweeter button looks bold for a second and then recover its natural look.

Anyway, many thanks, and this thread is SOLVED!!

Last edited by Chass; Jan 23, 2012 at 12:14 PM.