Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Centering blockquotes on the center area

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 2, 2013, 06:42 PM
keith_h

21 posts · Jun 2013
[SOLVED] Centering blockquotes on the center area

I am wondering how to center blockquotes on the center block.

Here is my test page: http://wholehearted.heinrich.id.au/?page_id=80 which you can see is offset. I would like the blockquote centered in the center block.

The code from the blockquotes styling:

Blockquotes:

text-align: center;
width: 750px;
font: italic 1.1em arial, sans-serif;
color: #fff;
padding: .1em .1em;
background: #A50D12;

blockquotes in blockquotes:

text-align: right;
width: 680px;
font: italic .8em arial, sans-serif;
color: #fff;
background: #A50D12;

I am using this method to provide the quote and citation in different styles. The widths are different to align the citation text inside the overall blockquote.

Is there an overiding code for centering the blockquote itself and where should it go?

Appreciate your assistance.