Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Format a "particular" Post differently

Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:34 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Okay. I now have just the most recent post of a specific category appearing at the top of the center section of my static homepage.

http://www.shepherdjim.com
Please be kind -- the Shepherd Jim w/site is my sandbox where I'm testing stuff.

Now, how do I format the elements of THAT post's <div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">, div class="post-headline">, etc. without changing the appearance of all the other posts on single, multiple, search, etc post pages? I know I should be simply targeting in CSS but I'm not clever enough.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 02:41 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can change in index.php, towards the bottom:

PHP Code:
<body<?php echo
to

PHP Code:
<body<?php 
if ( is_page() ) { 

$current_page_id $wp_query->get_queried_object_id(); 
    echo 
' class="page page-' $current_page_id '"'
?><?php echo
Then add a CSS Insert:

HTML Code:
body.page-XX div.post-bodycopy {
}
body.page-XX div.post-headline {
}
Replace XX with the ID of the page containing the posts to be styled

With the above example you could also group-style all pages due to 2 classes (page and page-XX) being added, i.e. with a CSS Insert

HTML Code:
 body.page div.post-headline {
}
I am adding CSS classes to "body" in the next Atahualpa version.