Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Atahualpa 3.5.3 and Anti-Spam Comment Plug Ins

Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:28 PM
ldaily

8 posts · Mar 2009
Atahualpa 3.5.3 and Anti-Spam Comment Plug Ins

I have been using Atahualpa 3.5.3 for my site http://www.milehighonthecheap.com and really love it. However with success brings spam, recently a lot of spam comments. I tried to install both MP Spam Be Gone and Spam Free Wordpress Plug-ins. In both cases the plug in "works" in that when you try to comment it says you either haven's 1) checked a check box or 2) filled in a unique password. However, to the average user neither the check box (for Spam Be Gone) or password (for Spam Free) appears. The Comments section just looks like it always has with space for name, email, website and comment.

Both Plug-ins work on other sites and themes I have (I can see the check box or place to put in a password) but not my main one. I would like to use one or the other (preferably Spam Be Gone, because it is so simple). For now I have had to deactivate both because someone who wants to comment, can't because they can't see the extra info required for their comment to pass muster.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I'm no techie but can pass along an instructions to someone who is.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
looks like you got this fixed, want to share what you did?