Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Why can't I get some padding on my posts?

Old Feb 9, 2010, 11:00 PM
neens_wa

8 posts · Jan 2010
Bremerton, WA
I've read, searched, and read some more. I hope I haven't missed it, but I can't seem to find anything to indicate WHY my text on my posts is jammed up against the Left and the Right sides. I need margins/padding...

If I'm looking right at it, and too much of a doofus to see it - I'll take my whuppin'...
The inserted images and galleries look fine, but the text - noooo go.

Additionally - I can NOT get a link to post in my posts. On the homepage, the CONTACT button will take you to the contact page, where our info@misskitsapfairandstampede email is located. I've done everything but stand on my head when I type - I can't get it to work... I've type in manually, HTML code, I've done it all - when I add a link (URL or EMAIL) - nothing displays on the page; however - it shows in the editing panel when I try to edit.. <sigh>

Can someone shine the light on me?

Thanks!

nina

http://www.misskitsapfairandstampede.com
Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:20 AM
neens_wa

8 posts · Jan 2010
Bremerton, WA
additionally, I have tried suggestions from other posts that direct you to set padding in the A T Options - style center column.

I have Padding: 20px 20px;

Looks fine - but the side margins of the posts STILL jam up against the "wall" of the center column.

I've tried padding-left 5px;

I've tried padding-right 5px;

I've tried 20px 5px 5px 20px;

I've tried setting the padding in the posts body area. I am going mad! Obviously, like many others here - my forte' is not coding - I just need to get this darn website to match my folks' desire - and they don't like the text jammed against the walls of the center column.

does ANYONE out there have ANY suggestions?

continuing to search, in hopes I may have missed the one post with the info (though I've searched a bazillion thus far!)

nina

http://www.misskitsapfairandstampede.com
Old May 17, 2010, 11:12 AM
shadypeeks

31 posts · Mar 2010
Add this to ATO > Add HTML/CSS Inserts > CSS Inserts.

It should fix the problem:

div.post-bodycopy {
padding:10px !important;
}
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:27 AM
pakelly

10 posts · Mar 2012
How would I do this if I only wanted to change the text padding on one particular page?
Thanks!
Paul

Add this to ATO > Add HTML/CSS Inserts > CSS Inserts.

It should fix the problem:

div.post-bodycopy {
padding:10px !important;
}
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you add 'body.page-ID-nn' to the beginning of the CSS selector to identify the page. Then 'nn' is the page ID