Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Title on page and category menu bars?

Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:36 PM
ARealpolitik

130 posts · Jun 2010
Title on page and category menu bars?

Some people express a problem with navigation on my site: http://www.theblogfarm.com/

So to assist I am thinking maybe I could add a title of sort, at least on the category menu bar, to the left of the drop down menus. Something along the lines of:

Read Articles -> Activities & Interests - Home & Family Life - Our Human Condition - The World Around Us - Writing & Book Reviews

How could I go about doing this?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 07:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just add a custom menu item in Appearance>Menus and use CSS to make it look like it isn't a menu item. You can add a class to the menu item (I added menulabel) in the menu setting and then add something like using the proper color.
HTML Code:
.menulabel a, .menulabel a:hover {
    background: #5a85c1 !important;
    cursor: default;
}
You of course could just add a div with the text you want and use CSS to position.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 07:48 PM
ARealpolitik

130 posts · Jun 2010
Ata 3.5.1

Thanks Larry but... I am not using custom menus, I am using the old category menu bar. It has been customized using html/css inserts. Is there any way to simply add plain text to the bar?

#menu2 {
border: solid 1px #4D5232 !important;
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa351/images/sidebarbg04.jpg) repeat top left;
box-shadow: 0 0 10px #333;
-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 10px #333;
-moz-border-radius:5px;
-khtml-border-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-radius:5px;border-radius: 5px;
}

div#menu2 ul.rMenu {
background-color: transparent;
}

div#menu2 ul.rMenu li {
}

div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:link,
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:active,
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:hover,
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.current_page_item a:visited,

div#menu2 ul.rMenu li:hover {
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa351/images/sidebarbg04.jpg) repeat top left;
}

div#menu2 ul.rMenu li a:hover,
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li.sfhover {
}

#menu2 .rMenu-hor a {
font-weight: bold !important;
}

.rMenu-ver, .rMenu-ver .cat-item {
margin: 3px;
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa351/images/sidebarbg03.jpg) repeat top left;
border: dashed 0px #4D5232 !important;
box-shadow: 0 0 5px #333;
-moz-border: solid 1px #4D5232;
-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 5px #333;
-moz-border-radius:5px;
-khtml-border-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-radius:5px;
border-radius: 5px;
}
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
In that case use my second idea. Put a div just before %cat with an id and the text you want and use CSS to position and style.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:55 PM
ARealpolitik

130 posts · Jun 2010
God how I wish I knew how to do that... it is late and I am tired but even if I wasn't I still wouldn't know where to begin, lol.

Where do I put the div just before %cat (where is the %cat?) and how would I style it? Sorry, I know I am a pain sometimes. I try to remember the stuff I have learned from you guys but do not do it enough, so I forget...
Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Put the following just before %cats in ATO>Style & edit Header Area>Configure Header Area
HTML Code:
<div id="menulabel">Read Articles --></div>
Once it is there you will have to determine the CSS to position it properly. I can't give you the code for that as it depends on your particular situation. I use Firebug to determine what CSS I need.
The CSS would be something like the following and you would put it in the CSS Inserts box in the theme options.
HTML Code:
#menulabel {
position: relative;
top: 10px;
left: 25px;
}

Last edited by lmilesw; Feb 13, 2012 at 09:20 PM.