Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Small Question - Links in Header

Old Jul 20, 2009, 01:06 PM
pwcomp

6 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockoe
I had this same question and was diven a very simple solution by a Mod at the WP forums.

It is an easy solution for users that are uncomfortable editing PHP code, like myself.
Couldn't get it going this end, i`ll play later it just kept crashing wp, and ending up with a blank page, prob me, like u say not happy with php
Old Aug 17, 2009, 08:43 PM
JamesFerguson

5 posts · Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
This whole thread is messy and I am looking to include something in 3.3.3 where all this won't be needed anymore.
Was this done in the new version? I just upgraded to version 3.4.1 and I don't see any info in there and half the code is changed.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:08 AM
TSS

2 posts · Aug 2009
Hi,
I read through this thread because I want to create one menu bar comprised of both links to my pages and a few eternal links. Will the code here work for this scenario?
I am working in Atahualpa 3.4.1 with Wordpress 2.8.4.

Thx
Old Aug 29, 2009, 11:36 PM
TSS

2 posts · Aug 2009
Actually, I found an alternative with the plugin Page Links To: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/page-links-to/ You can make any page or post link to wherever you want, so using the Page menu I can include links to external websites!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:47 AM
MrMail

5 posts · Aug 2009
So how would it now be done in version 3.4.2? I would like to add internal links to the page menu bar that are not pages? Specifically I would like to add Forums and possibly some other links
Old Oct 8, 2009, 02:02 AM
Athena

20 posts · Oct 2009
Hi,
I would like to know that answer to that question too. I'm using WP-Shopping Cart and want my product categories to be on my menu. Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 02:24 AM
Athena

20 posts · Oct 2009
Wow!!! It works You can link in or out of your blog.
Thanks!!!

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 8, 2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 09:15 AM
nibb

2 posts · Dec 2009
Manchester UK
Hi Guys,
is there any update to this method for Ata 3.4.4. I tried to find the string to replace in post #2 - its not there. I fiddled about in the vicinity of the nearest likely match, it produced a link, but below the image header rather than part of the normal page links. I didn't do the second part of the operation by following what is suggested in post #10 because I wasn't able to find the code to replace there either. My assumption is that the strings have changed in 3.4.4. - any advice please?

best wishes and thanks
Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:58 AM
colinb

2 posts · Feb 2010
thanks - this plug-in was the final piece that solved my problem of creating a category page that works with wp-pagenavi - the finished proof is at: http://bit.ly/devilsiT-tips

This is how I created my category page:

Plug-ins: wp-pagenavi, page2cat, page links to

Created category page template
Created category page
Used page2cat to link category to category page
Used "page links to" plug-in to link the category page to the index.php/category/tip page URL