Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Topsy Retweet Plugin and Add This Button (part of SEO Ultimate plugin)

Old May 7, 2011, 04:23 AM
lizc

16 posts · Jan 2010
Hi

Can anyone help please.

I have installed the above and sure enough the two buttons appear where I want them on the Home page. On an individual post page, the two buttons appear in the post but they also appear right at the top of the page above the logo and tagline where I definitely don't want them.

How can this be and how can I get rid of the extra buttons?

This has happened on both sites where I have installed the buttons.

http://www.home-business.lizebiz.com
http://www.asian-food.lizebiz.com

Hope to hear a solution.

Thanks

Liz
Old May 7, 2011, 05:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you reviewed all the setting for the plugins?
have you checked to see if the plugins have a forum?
Old May 7, 2011, 07:05 AM
lizc

16 posts · Jan 2010
The plugin settings are very simple. In fact, the Add This part of the SEO plugin doesn't have any options, it defaults to appearing at the bottom of the post.

As these are two totally separate and unrelated plugins, I think that this is a theme issue.

Liz
Old May 7, 2011, 08:02 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just fot the fun of it I installed both those plugins on my test site and activated the add this part of SEO Ultimate. I got no retweet button at the top of the page. All worked as I would suspect. Perhaps there is another plugin that is conflicting.

The first thing I do when something like this happen is to deactivate all of the other plugins. If that fixes the problem I start adding them back in one at a time or more at a time if I have quite a few plugins.

If the problem persists I temporarily switch to the TwentyTen theme to see if the problem is still there.
Old May 7, 2011, 08:34 AM
lizc

16 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks for the ideas. I swapped to the TwentyTen theme and the problem went away so I do think that it's a theme problem.

Where could it be please?

Liz
Old May 7, 2011, 09:20 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I noticed you are using Atahualpa 3.5.3 so I switched to that for a second and had the same problem so you may want to consider doing a manual upgrade to Atahualpa 3.6.4. Be sure and upload 3.6.4 into its own folder so you can switch back if needed. And of course backup first.
Old May 8, 2011, 06:49 AM
lizc

16 posts · Jan 2010
Thank you so much, that's fixed it!

Liz