Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Need one of my pages to align right in menu bar

Old Mar 3, 2011, 07:55 PM
Loto

4 posts · Mar 2011
[SOLVED] Need one of my pages to align right in menu bar

I am trying to insert a single page in the page menu bar (menu 1) and have it align on the right side. I need it on the same line as the other pages in the menu (therefore - using an image above/below or a category menu will not work, as far as I know). Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for how I can make this work?

A quick search of the forums did not turn up much and I am not very knowledgeable on using wordpress's menu setting.

Huge fan of the theme. Much appreciated for all of the hard work!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	question1.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1207  
Old Mar 4, 2011, 07:25 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
  1. Determine the selector of the menu item you want on the right (EG #menu-item-297)
  2. Add CSS in CSS Inserts to float it right such as
HTML Code:
#menu-item-297 {
float: right;
|
Old Mar 4, 2011, 07:51 AM
Loto

4 posts · Mar 2011
Dumb question, but to determine the menu selector, I...?

is it the post/page number? If so, I replaced your suggestion

Code:
#menu-item-297 {
|
with

Code:
#menu-item-207 {
}
in CSS inserts (added to the bottom of the inserts) and ended up with this

I need that "Estimate" page on the far right. Thanks

Last edited by Loto; Mar 4, 2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You need to look at the source of the page. do a find on 'estimate' and look at the ''<li id="menu-item-1826" ...' prior to it and that will be the one you use. So '1826' will be different in your case
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:18 AM
Loto

4 posts · Mar 2011
Looked at the source code on the main page and the 'Estimate' page and did not see find any code that matched

li id="menu-item-

the only thing i saw related was...

<li class="page_item page-item-207"><a href="http://streamlineservicesolutions.com/estimate" ><span>Estimate</span></a></li>

any suggestions on what i am missing?

if it helps, i can take the site off maintenance mode for a short bit

(thanks to both of you for your help so far)
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:48 AM
runnerb0y

67 posts · Nov 2010
Not having a URL to look at, it makes it a bit tough to assist. Here's a solution I helped another user who was trying to (I think) do the same thing.

Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.page-item-910 {
float:right;
}
In that user's case, I was able to use Firebug to examine his site and determined that the ID associated with the menu item was 910. You can use Firebug (A Firefox addin) to determine the specific characteristics of your menu tab and then adjust the above code accordingly.