Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

need Page Menu to go the full length on IE (it works on Safari and FF)

Old Oct 15, 2010, 04:55 PM
duramatters

13 posts · Feb 2010
venice california
Hello!
I have tried and tried to solve this, and while I see similar issues, I have not found a solution to this.

The site is www.SalernoBeach.com

i have a background image that shows behind the menu in FF and Safari, creating the menu bar, but does not show in IE. I also have a graphic that displays behind each menu item, though this also does not show on IE.

I would love for those items to simply show on IE, but having accepted that the graphics in the menu wont show, I opt for the defalut menu color to show. When I set the menu items to center, the menu bar (in IE only) does not go the full width of the site layout. When I insert the code "width: 960px" the menu bar then is the full width, but it forces all items to be left-justified rather than centered - in all browsers.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:54 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What I use to make the centered menu full width is to wrap %page-center in a div and assign it a width.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:30 AM
BackyardHockey

18 posts · Aug 2010
New Hampshire
Figured I'd piggy-back on this post as I'm trying to do the same. I'd like my centered Menu1 to span at least 1000px wide. I have a fluid layout with a max of 1300px and a min of 1000px. I'd also like to know how to make the width of the top-level menu items the same (like you can do with the submenu items).

I'm familiar with the Atahualpa settings, but don't really know css/php or what the syntax should be with regards to your suggestion, Juggledad.

Here's the page in question: http://www.backyard-hockey.com
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:11 PM
duramatters

13 posts · Feb 2010
venice california
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
What I use to make the centered menu full width is to wrap %page-center in a div and assign it a width.
Thanks for the response.

this is what I have in ATA Options, Style and Edit Header Area, Configure Header Area:

%image <div style="width:961px; background: url('http://salernobeach.com/images/background.jpg')">%page-center </div>%image <div style="width:961px; background: url('http://salernobeach.com/images/background.jpg')">%page-center </div>

Seems to work now; I had it before, but somehow lost it. Must have been a misplaced semi-colon.
the menu bar does go the full length in both IE and FF. Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:31 PM
duramatters

13 posts · Feb 2010
venice california
Hi Backyard Hockey,
Did you see what i did? that is all still within ATA Oprions.

The one thing to point out is that i use a seperate /images/ folder just inside my sites root, and upload images there. It makes the linking to an image a little simpler to type. ;-)
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
And if you want the width to expand/contract use width:100% In your case BackyardHockey you would use something like the following in ATO>Style & edit Header Area>Configure Header Area
HTML Code:
%logo %image <div style="width:100%;background-color:#000;">%page-center</div>