Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] how to create a CSS insert for border-left border-right on menu tabs

Old Jan 7, 2010, 04:23 PM
aliengirl

5 posts · Jan 2010
hi-

i'm new to wordpress, and while i understand how to write the CSS code for what i want, i could really use some help with the style IDs and also exactly where to insert the new code.

i'd like to be able to adjust the border for each side of the menu tabs individually.

many thanks,
debra
Old Jan 7, 2010, 06:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?
you can use 'border-right: 7px;' and 'border-left: npx;' in the CSS Inserts
or do you want to control the border of each individual menu item seperately?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 06:16 PM
aliengirl

5 posts · Jan 2010
Atahualpa 3.4.4 WP 2.9

i just want to control the border for the whole menu... but each side separately.

can you explain what you mean by CSS inserts? where do i do that? the appearance options only give 'Border around all menu items' as an editable item (i tried entering it there but it didn't work). do i need to edit the CSS code elsewhere? please forgive my ignorance... i am new to this.

http://www.boazmor.com/

site is very much still in progress... just started building it yesterday.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:22 PM
aliengirl

5 posts · Jan 2010
ok, i figured it out...mostly.