Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Can I restyle the page menu bar with images?

Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:34 PM
coolpillows

35 posts · Nov 2010
Can I restyle the page menu bar with images?

I'm trying to use Atahualpa / Wordpress for a site that will have something like this.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8Y...jVmOEpzaFp2Vnc

So I'm guessing that I can use the page menu bar and restyle each page with its own tab.

Or, I'm out of my mind and I should give up now.

So far, I don't see any down and dirty capability to modify a page menu with an image.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you try a search in the 'Page & Category Menu Bars' forum for 'image'?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:05 AM
coolpillows

35 posts · Nov 2010
Thanks JD. I did a search, but didn't find anything explicitly referring to what I want to do. A little under the surface, I seemed to find some reference to widgets that might do a workaround. One thing I was looking for were instances where code referred to different page menus (menu1, menu2, etc.). As far as I can tell, there's only one that's part of the theme and if I want each of my tabs (page menu items) to have a different image, then I believe that would be the way to do it. Another point in my research thus far, there are plenty of references to using CSS to supply a background gradient like an image, but that's not the same thing. Make sense?

lee
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:27 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Your image suggest something other than a background image for each menu. You might need to create one image for the entire menu and position hyperlinks over it with CSS or perhaps build an image map which could use a separate image for the hover on each menu item.

Bottom line is this will take some CSS, HTML, and image creation know how. Also you will have to rebuild the menu if you want to add new menu items.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:24 PM
coolpillows

35 posts · Nov 2010
Thanks Larry. I'm going to look into it further. How would I go about getting into the CSS, HTML and so on? I love how Atahualpa provides a great set of tools, but I also like to get under the hood. Do I do that in Wordpress?

BTW, am I barking up the wrong tree when I mention a 'widget?' I might even be thinking plugin, rather than widget, in terms of what I want it to do. I'm going to poke around at some examples of Atahualpa in the wild and see what people are up to.

Thanks again!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa has an option 'CSS Inserts' that you can add your own css into or override any existing CSS and it becomes a theme option!