Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] A way to style links in headers differently from links in body text?

Old Sep 15, 2013, 03:22 PM
dabeed

30 posts · Nov 2012
[SOLVED] A way to style links in headers differently from links in body text?

For example, I'd like to have links in body text be bold and blue, but I'd like the titles of blog posts (which are links) not to be blue.

I've been syling links through ATO > Body, Text, & Links > Link Default Color and Link Hover Cover, but this affects all links everywhere.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 03:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You will need to add some CSS in the ato->add HTML/CSS Insert->CSS Inserts option to style one of the two areas differently. You could try something like
HTML Code:
#header a {color: red;
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:03 PM
dabeed

30 posts · Nov 2012
Thank you! I tried that exact code and it works for the site/blog title (and presumably everything else that's a link in the #header). I tried

Code:
h2 a {
color: red;
}
but that didn't work (it had no effect). Any suggestions?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 03:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there are many places in the theme options you can style links, the footer, the sidebars the links in posts. You need to go thru the various options to see what is avaiable.

However if you want all the header links one color and the rest another you could try adding this to the 'CSS Inserts' option
HTML Code:
a {color: green !important;}
#header a {color: red !important;}
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:03 PM
dabeed

30 posts · Nov 2012
Thanks, this helped: Adding
Code:
!important;
did the trick, clearly overriding something else (I don't understand what was overridden, but it worked).

What I wanted to do was slightly different, though: I wanted to make all the h2 links a certain color. Meaning when the entire h2 is linked (as opposed to individual words), as on the blog main page, when blog post titles (h2s in my setup) are linked.

Here's the code that does that, for those who need it:
Code:
h2 a {color: black !important;}