Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to customize the menu with my own buttons?

Old Apr 9, 2011, 07:24 AM
iconico

5 posts · Jan 2011
Hi everybody,

I read through the forum and I understand it is possible to have my own buttons in the menu, but I can't figure it out... Can you please give me details on how to do it? I'd love to have rounded corners buttons.

Is it possible, with my own buttons, to have submenus?

I'm using WP 3.0.5 and Atahualpa 3.6.1.

Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2011, 08:47 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Those "buttons" are created with CSS so you have to get into the code. Atahualpa comes with several "styles". One of which has a more rounded look. Here is a link to instructions to importing those other styles but be sure to export your current style first so you can return to what you currently have.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:56 PM
iconico

5 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks for your answer! I see, I'll have to do some CSS coding. Are the styles you are talking about the ata-default.txt or ata-round.txt files? How can I see the result of those styles before putting them in place? Is there styles anywhere else on the web for download?

I still not see how I could code in CSS: in which CSS file do I have to make modifications? In the Atahualpa style sheets or WP? It would be lovely if you could be more specific, because I'm still lost...

Many thanks for your help...
Old Apr 9, 2011, 03:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It is the round style. You can export your current settings and then import the other to take a look. If you want to go back just import the setting you previously exported.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 04:39 PM
iconico

5 posts · Jan 2011
I'll give a try, thanks.

If I want to do more changes to the CSS, do I make directly in the .TXT file, or is there another way? Still confused...
Old Apr 9, 2011, 05:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The .txt file is just for exporting and importing style settings. You don't edit it at all. All the editing is done in the theme options. It is a backup of sorts for all the settings you have made in the Theme Options.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 06:13 PM
iconico

5 posts · Jan 2011
Oh, I see, thanks for the explanation. So if I import the .txt file, I'll loose all the other changes I already have made in Atahualpa... Is there a way to only change the menu, and not the rest?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 07:07 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You can't pick certain items but what I have done is.
  • Export the current settings as a backup
  • Import the settings that I want to copy part of
  • Copy the necessary CSS and save it in a notepad file or some text editor
  • Import the settings file I exported in step one
  • Paste the CSS into the necessary spots
This all means you have to understand how the CSS works and not have conflicting CSS etc but it gets the job done.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 08:41 PM
iconico

5 posts · Jan 2011
Ok: I'll try this, and will be cautious with my changes. It's too bad it's not easier to modify those buttons, but with your explanations, it should do the trick: thanks again.