Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] How to remove space left by blank page title

Old May 13, 2010, 01:53 AM
Stingraynut

24 posts · Apr 2010
Cairns Australia
[SOLVED] How to remove space left by blank page title

I have added this CSS to prevent page titles from showing -
Quote:

/* removes all page titles */

div.page div.post-headline {
display: none !important;
}
but the space where the title would be is left there.

This means the dotted line between sidebars and center section goes up too high above the post text.

I tried changing the Loop as per this thread -http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ove+page+title but this made no change.

Is it possible to remove the title space?
Old May 13, 2010, 04:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when I use that CSS the space for the title is gone. There is still a little padding at the top, but the title area is gone. Test it out like this.
1) Open a browser window and go to the ATO and remove the css and do a save.
2) open a new tab and go view a page
3) go back and add in the CSS and save
4) Open a NEW tab and view the page
now swap back and forth between the page with the title and the page without, see any difference?

As for the sidebar border, The center area is a one row table, the cells are the sidebars and the middle area. The border (dash lines between the sidebar and middle area) goes from top to bottom of the table row which happens to be the heifht of the sidebars/middle area.
Old May 13, 2010, 04:38 PM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Whilst I have removed the space for the Page Title, using CSS insert,

I have a little padding space at the top, that I cannot remove.

At the bottom, I cannot increase the padding space, so as to offset.

In ATO when I reduce padding at the top, it also, automatically, reduces the padding at the bottom, of which will not increase.

Last edited by KatyDigg; May 14, 2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Re: New Installation
Old May 13, 2010, 05:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Berean - what is the exact css are you using?
Old May 14, 2010, 08:23 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Berean - what is the exact css are you using?
Juggledad - On my new installation, I have used the following CSS insert

/* removes all page titles */

div.page div.post-headline {
display: none !important;
}
Old May 14, 2010, 10:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the center colum, where page and post info goes, does have some padding set at ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Center column style