Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

[SOLVED] Code Produced By ThemeFrame Light & SEO Friendly?

Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:12 AM
everton4ever

5 posts · Jan 2010
I've only just stumbled across TF and it looks amazing to say the least!

Also, this forum looks very friendly, full of helpful answers and information.

I've been looking at a few different WP Framework systems like Hybrid and Thematic - but they have steep learning curves that ThemeFrame totally flattens.

The main frameworks all go on about their code being robust, lean, efficient and seo friendly.

My only concern with adopting theme creation with your software would be that the code may contain a lot of things I don't need and may not be 'liked' by the main search engines.

Sorry if this question is irrelevant and I realise that it's still in Beta, but I'm new to WP theme designs/frameworks etc.

Many thanks for your time,
John
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:50 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Those two utilize the Parent-Child theme mechanism of Wordpress (I think), unlike Themeframe which creates standalone Wordpress themes.

The code is similar to http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/atahualpa.

"SEO Friendly" is so vague and so overused. I just checked a site from the portfolio of a theme which claims to have the "best SEO ever" and there's no canonical link in the head section and neither admin nor RSS links are nofollowed. The Home link is nofollowed but there's no replacement for that in the footer (which may have been forgotten by this theme user, but I disagree with that "Nofollow Home and put a dofollowed home link with useful anchor text into footer" technique anyway, because I consider it dangerous to nofollow the own Home link, because even with the dofollowed alternative in the footer, the nofollowed link is still there. There are better ways to achieve the desired result - avoiding a "Home" link anchor text on every page - like using a Home graphic with keywords in the ALT text, or Javascript.)

What a theme can do SEO wise (which is only so much, it cannot create inbound links for you), ThemeFrame will do.

The code is light and even more importantly it is very, very robust.

If I were to buy a theme or framework I'd see how well it works in IE6. And if you want to create fluid width themes, whether it can do that (without dropping the right sidebar in IE6, if there's oversized, non-wrappable content like images or space-less strings in any column). Checking for these two things will make your shortlist very short indeed.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:27 PM
everton4ever

5 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks for your detailed reply - Yes, you are so right about what is and isn't SEO friendly!!!

Nothing is SEO ready till it receives some relevant links

I've just sent my payment through to test, many thanks!
John