Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Centering menu items

Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:44 AM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
I'm trying to figure out how to center the menu items, as opposed to centering the menu itself.
I've done a custom menu, and I have it positioned where I want it, but it wraps to a 2nd line, which is what I want, however I want to center the menu items within the menu and make the line spacing smaller, and can't get that figured out. Is that possible? I'm trying to avoid using both a page menu and a category menu, if I can help it.

Also, how do I put more space between the menu items? Here is the code I'm using in the custom css -

div#menu1 {
background: none !important;
height: 35px;
padding-bottom: 29px;
padding-left: 190px;
width: 700px;
}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
border: none 0px;
background: none !important;
}
ul.rMenu li a:link,
ul.rMenu li a:visited,
ul.rMenu li a:hover,
ul.rMenu li a:active,
ul.rMenu li {
background: transparent !important;
margin-right: 1px;
font-weight: bold !important;
}

ul.rMenu li a:visited {
color: #C38C54;
}

I've tried adding padding-right to the menu item, but that isn't working for some reason.

URL is www.theresasheridan.com/blog. I'm using the latest versions of both wordpress and atahualpa.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 03:13 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To put more space between the items you could use something like.
HTML Code:
div#menu1 li {
    margin-right: 15px;
}
To center a wrapped menu you would have to use CSS on various separate menu tabs and would be kind of a pain. You could do what you don't want to and use the cat menu or you could add a new widget area and add a menu widget.