Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Alphabetical list of all posts

Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:48 AM
tokorhon

5 posts · Apr 2010
I'd like to have an alphabetical list of all my posts in sidebar, same way as Archives widget. I found this article how to do it but where should I put the piece of code mentioned in article when using Atahualpa?

http://eisabainyo.net/weblog/2009/02...betical-order/
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
install the 'exec php' plugin
add a text widget to the sidebar
add the code to the widget
check out the page
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:56 AM
tokorhon

5 posts · Apr 2010
Thanks, it works!

Do you know if exec_php plugin slows down the blog a lot. I don't need every post scanned and eval()'ed for php code, I only need a list of posts in my sidebar. Would there be more light-weight solutions for that?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 05:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it will definate make your blog slower because there is more code. How much is a different story.

You could do a googlesearch on 'wordpress preformance' I know there is a post showing you how you can display a timer at start and end of the page build, so you could try it once with the plugin active and once with it deactivated.

However if you are really worried about performance, then you should look at all the other factors. Are you on a dedicated server, is the server tuned, are you optimizing your database and doing regular backups. Are all images at the optimum size, do you use the minimum of ad's and/or connections to other sites.

There are many things to tune your blog, so search the internet for them and implement them.