Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header and Header image problems

Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:49 AM
elemenopee

20 posts · Jul 2009
Hi folks,
I'm new here, new to Atahualpa, new to Wordpress and new to the world of website creation in general, so forgive me if I ask you to keep things basic for me.

Here's my problem:
I am working on a site for a client (I normally take care of all his design for print - but hey, it's a recession out there!), and I've set up hosting with a server. I have installed Wordpress in the clients webspace, set up ftp, uploaded themes and plug-ins and chosen Atahualpa as the theme.
I'm finding it very user-friendly apart from one problem:
I want to put the clients logo in the header area, and 3 images to rotate in the header image area.
I have uploaded the images to the directory. I have deleted the existing default images.
I have read 2 hours worth of forum posts and suggestions, but all I can get is:

- in the Header - a small blue box with question mark instead of the logo I have uploaded to the relevant folder on the server.

- in the Header Image - the original images still displaying, although I deleted the files from the server.

I have checked the file name structure, deleted and re-uploaded, quit everything and started again but I still can't get the images to display.

Can anybody help?

Here are other details you should know:

I'm on an iMac using Safari (the only browser software I have available to me).

I have a weird feeling that the directories could have been duplicated in 2 locations on my server - which would explain why the deletions and uploads I have carried out and the location I THINK is correct are having no effect - as the files that the theme is accessing are at another location. If you think this might be a possibility can you point me in the right direction to check this out.

If you need me to post a link to the site I'm working on (not sure if that's even possible!), let me know.

Thank you so much.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 04:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
please post the url so I can look at teh generated sorce
What version of WP and Atahualpa?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 02:41 AM
elemenopee

20 posts · Jul 2009
Hi there,
thanks for helping with this. I'm in Europe (Ireland) by the way).

http://ashley.ie/wordpress/
Old Jul 23, 2009, 03:30 AM
elemenopee

20 posts · Jul 2009
Sorry, forgot to say:

Atahualpa 3.2

Wordpress 2.8
Old Jul 23, 2009, 04:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
1 - The location of your logo you have specified as 'http://ashley.ie/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images//wp-content/themes/atahualpa 3/images/ashleyhoriz.jpg' (A) you have a space in one of the directory names - a no no, (B) you have a '//' after the directory 'images' (C) it looks like you have eithor installed the theme inside the previous theme or given the wrong name for the location of the logo

2 - your header images is coming from the 'http://ashley.ie/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/IMG_1479.jpg' directory. In addition, I don't see the rotating image code. In version 3.2 you had to add teh code, in 3.3.3 it was part of the code, however it got dropped in 3.4 update and is back in as of 3.4.2

A quick suggestion, when you first get the theme, make sure to add the version to the folder name (i.e atahualpa333 or atahualpa342) befor you move it to the theme directory. that way you can have more than one version of the theme so you can swap back and forth.

You need to use your FTP program (I use 'Fetch' on the mac) and visit your site. Walk down the directories till you get to '...wp-content/themes/' this is where themes go. Now go to the atahualpa directort. there should NOT be a folder inside it starting with 'atahualpa'. If there is, you must have loaded the theme inside the theme giving you the problems.

BEFORE deleting this folder, copy the images (unless you already have them) from the '..images/header' folder AND grab the logo from the '../images/' folder - then install the new version of the theme in '..wp-content/themes/' and put the images in the '..wp-content/themes/atahualpa333/images/header' (and put the logo just in 'images'.

So you have a little work, but not too bad to straighten out. Hollar if you run into problems.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 05:45 AM
elemenopee

20 posts · Jul 2009
Thank you so much for your extensive response.

I think I may have a problem on my server - it may be that I have installed Wordpress in two locations... I am trying to sort this out first, then I will be back to you with further questions no doubt!
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:02 AM
elemenopee

20 posts · Jul 2009
Hi again,

I'm afraid I still haven't been able to solve the problem. Again, bear in mind this is my first foray into web work.

So, on your suggestions:

1. On the logo image - how/where can you see the location of my logo ... 'http://ashley.ie/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images//wp-content/themes/atahualpa 3/images/ashleyhoriz.jpg' ?
I tried fixing the filename in the appearance-header options panel (replacing logo.gif with /ashley.ie/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/ashleyhoriz.jpg ), but the logo is still not appearing.

I have looked through all the files on my server (I use Fetch too), and I only saw one folder for Atahualpa.

2. On the header images - I uploaded some new ones to the image-header folder but the site is still displaying the default leaf etc images. Since I deleted these image files via Fetch from the server I can only conclude that the site is accessing the image files from somewhere else...
And that's what has me stumped.

So, I went ahead and deleted Atahualpa folder from the themes folder via Fetch.
But it's still there (along with other supposedly deleted themes) when I log into http://ashley.ie/wordpress/wp-admin/themes.php !!!!

So, I tried clicking the 'delete' option under the theme description in the appearance-theme panel, but even though I get a 'theme deleted' message the themes are not deleted.

I just don't know where to go from here. Nothing I do seems to work.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
see the PM I sent you