Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

Date is all messed up in comment section using Dutch locale!

Old Jun 10, 2009, 06:39 AM
Taquoriaan

7 posts · May 2009
Groningen, Netherlands
Send a message via AIM to Taquoriaan
Using the Dutch locale for two sites, I came around a very strange error: when people leave a comment, the date of the comment looks like a random string, but the time is printed correctly.
First I thought it had to do with re-CAPTCHA, but disabling didn't solve the problem.
Then I thought that there must be something wrong with the Dutch locale, the nl_NL.po file for the theme, but after checking every line of that translation I couldn't find any anomalies.

And still, the date looks messed up. Has anyone a bright idea where I should look to fix it? I attached an image showing how it looks like right now on www.ingeloots.nl

#edit - I tried also switching themes: when I activate iNove or Pixel, the problem disappears, to re-appear if I activate Atahualpa again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	2080
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	153  

Last edited by Taquoriaan; Jun 10, 2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 05:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is the 'Date' format (go to WP Dashboard->Settings->General->Date Format)?

Does this happen for all dates (like the post dates) or just the comment dates?
Old Jun 13, 2009, 05:05 AM
Taquoriaan

7 posts · May 2009
Groningen, Netherlands
Send a message via AIM to Taquoriaan
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
What is the 'Date' format (go to WP Dashboard->Settings->General->Date Format)?

Does this happen for all dates (like the post dates) or just the comment dates?
It only happens with the comment dates. Post dates are fine.

Date format is j M Y H:i everywhere. But this is the standard for Dutch and doesn't cause problems with post and other dates.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 08:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hmm, I just noticed Flynn put this in the 'To-Do for Atahualpa 3.3.4' list
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:43 PM
AnneTanne

40 posts · Jan 2009
Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
To-Do for Atahualpa 3.3.4'
Fine!
Just encountered the same problem... I thought I had been messing up something somewhere... But I understand I'm not responsible
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:01 AM
takesh

1 posts · Dec 2009
So... is the issue fixed yet?
Please Flynn, I spent three hours looking for where I can change the setting!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 06:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
don't know if this will help, but check out http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5588 post #7