Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

Does anyone with wordpress ecommerce sites take credit cards?

Old Aug 4, 2010, 05:28 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
I was just wondering, because it seems like all the sites I have seen that use a wordpress e-commerce solution take PayPal only. Which is fine for those who don't have the volume to justify spending $30 a month for PayPal Website Payments Pro (for example).

If one of the plug ins hooked up to PayPal Website Payments Pro that would be ideal because it's the best credit card option for people ramping up because it is only $30 a month and there is no set up or contract or minimum order. But if there is an alternative that works with any of the plug ins I would love to hear about it!

Thank you!
Old Aug 14, 2010, 12:48 PM
suzbwise

5 posts · Aug 2010
New England
Hi Lucy -

I've made several ecommerce sites - they all use PayPal, but there are no monthly charges - it's free!

The person has a FREE merchant account with PayPal. He is charged 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction (in the US.) In this case, people who want to buy do not have to sign in to PayPal - they can use a debit/ccard and just enter their info (such as name, address, etc) - and PayPal processes the transaction. If someone *does* have a PayPal account, it's even easier for the buyer.

Recently, this person added "Virtual Terminal" as an accepted way to pay, also with PayPal. This does have a $30 per month charge, plus transaction fees. This is to allow you to have a "virtual swipe machine" for your business. He just gets the info by phone and enters it at that time for an instant transaction. There are no set up fees, cancellation fees, no equipment - etc. One of our local clubs has to pay *a lot* to get a ccard swiper for their annual sale, but Virtual Terminal is much better, if you have on-going sales.

I hope this helps.

- Suzanne.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 12:55 PM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
I use Paypal, and don't have Website Payment Pro.

I actually use http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/word...-securely-1059 (you can use http://welcomechanges.com/recommends...ng-cart-plugin if you're open to using my affiliate link).

I also have 2checkout, so I use both of them with this plugin. It is also a multi-site license, so you buy it once and can use it on more sites if you have them. I have a number, so this was a great thing for me. They also have an affiliate plugin (not a multi-site license) that integrates seamlessly with it. The plugin also integrates with aWeber so you can add customers to a newsletter.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 07:37 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
I have the merchant account with PayPal, (Websites Payments Pro with virtual terminal). It's not free in the US, it's $30/mo but still a great deal compared to other merchant accounts with their surprise fees, startup fees and termination fees. The advantage to this is that the buyer does not leave the site, and doesn't know that PayPal is involved - it's just like any other credit card transaction.

I looked up eStore and apparently it does not work with PayPal Website Payments Pro.
http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/foru...ro-with-estore

but it uses authorize.net and 2checkout (the latter seems like it would add way more complexity than I want).

It would be really great to find a wordpress shopping cart that integrates with PP Website Payments Pro or another simple and inexpensive processor.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 11:23 AM
JaneD

72 posts · Jan 2009
I've not used it myself, but I believe the Shopp Plugin may do this, though it appears to be a paid add-on to the commercial plugin.

http://shopplugin.net/features

I believe the Shopp plugin is $55 + $25 for the Paypal Pro addon...

Hope this helps!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would take a good look at PhPurchase