Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Is it possible to dowsize the width of a featured image?

Old Oct 1, 2012, 02:05 PM
letaulier

1 posts · Oct 2012
Hi,

Sorry for my bad English.
When I write a new post I like to feature an image in my blog. The problem is if, by example, the picture is a square I would like to have the beginning of my text just next to the photo (at the right) instead of a large empty space.

Thank you.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 05:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
yes, edit the virtual template 'postformat.php' and then change the values for the bfa_thumb() - you can read about the options by clicking the 'Limited PHP Code' tab at the top right of the screen.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 03:20 AM
angelosbg

9 posts · Mar 2013
I am trying to follow your instructions. The thing is that with bfa_thumb() the change in values results in the different size of the picture but the border remains the same. Where are we able to change the borders? In the main template image.php I experimented with the two bold from below but it did not work. However this was just a guess.

<?php get_header(); ?>

<div id="main" class="row">

<div id="content" class="col12">
<?php the_post(); ?>
<div id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class('cf image-attachment'); ?>>

<h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

<p>
<?php the_time( 'j M Y' ); ?> |
<a href="<?php bfa_parent_permalink(); ?>"><?php bfa_parent_title(); ?></a> |
<?php bfa_image_size(); ?>
</p>

<div class="post-bodycopy cf">

<div class="wp-caption">
<a href="<?php bfa_attachment_url(); ?>"><?php bfa_attachment_image(full); ?></a>
<?php bfa_attachment_caption(); ?>
</div>

Last edited by angelosbg; Mar 10, 2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
bfa_image_size();
bfa_attachment_image(full);
just where did you come up with these functions?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:08 AM
angelosbg

9 posts · Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
just where did you come up with these functions?

The functions were in the code. In the image.php. I am sorry for not mentioning before but I just tried the case that if I changed their values by putting numbers to the first one and changing full to medium in the second I might be able to change the borders. But it was just a guess while I was trying to find a solution and understand how the theme works.

What I cannot find out is how i can reduce the size of the border and make the excerpt of the article start from next to the featured image. Exactly what letaulier said.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The only php code you can use in the virtual templates is what is described in the 'limited php code' tab without adding in a plugin.

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 03:07 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by letaulier
I would like to have the beginning of my text just next to the photo (at the right) instead of a large empty space.
You can try this tecnhique. You can adjust the width of the div to whatever you like. The image should automatically shrink to the width of the div, and the text should wrap around it.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:25 PM
angelosbg

9 posts · Mar 2013
Thanks a lot jerryc for your reply. I know it may sound a silly question but I do not know where to place the html code you provide in the technique. For example if I go to the content.php that you mentioned I am not aware where it can be used. And without solving this issue I cannot even use this template at all. It is difficult to find all the time featured images with that length.

Last edited by angelosbg; Mar 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
just of to the virtual template postformat.php and change the parameters of this line
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_thumb( 620, 180, true, '<div class="thumb-shadow"><div class="post-thumb">', '</div></div>' ); ?>
to
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_thumb( width, height, true, '', '' ); ?>
where you put in your values for width and height