Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Page Menu Sub Menus of Equal Width

Old Jun 9, 2009, 06:07 AM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Send a message via MSN to Craig Mattice Send a message via Yahoo to Craig Mattice Send a message via Skype™ to Craig Mattice
I've done several searches and not found the answer to this question.

What code do I enter to make the drop down sub menus default to the width of the pages in the Page Menu Bar? The control panel under Page Menu Sub Menu only addresses specific pixel widths but not how to code the "em."

Where do I find the proper page to enter this code?

Thank you for your time and assistance.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 01:01 PM
shedhed

52 posts · Mar 2009
Bramhall, UK
Craig,

The top level page menu items have an auto width property whereas the sub-menu items have a fixed width setting that is adjustable via Atahualpa Theme Options - Page Menu Bar - Width Of Sub Menus.

If you want the top level items to have the same width as the sub menus (the reverse of what you are asking for but ultimately will give you the same effect) then you will have to add a CSS insert via Atahualpa Theme Options - HTML/CSS Inserts - CSS Inserts

something like:-

ul.rMenu li {width: 11em;}

where the 11em matches the width you have set your sub menu to, 11em is the theme default.

Hope this helps.

Andy
Old Jun 11, 2009, 04:46 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Also, if you want each submenu to have the same width as the (individual) width of its parent menu item in the top level, that's not possible with CSS alone.

The width of top level items adjusts itself to the width of the link text inside, but it can also be set to a fixed width as pointed out by shedshed above.

The 2nd and lower level items need to have a defined width

Top level: auto or defined
Sub levels: defined
Old Jun 14, 2009, 06:30 AM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Send a message via MSN to Craig Mattice Send a message via Yahoo to Craig Mattice Send a message via Skype™ to Craig Mattice
Sorry for the delayed response. My ISP cable was nicked by Verizon digging a new line. I have Comcast. Just getting back online.

I've learned so much from this forum and the members. I was disillusioned by the fact that I can make the edit change using Firebug in both the Style and edit html modes but couldn't find where to do it in "reality."

I do find when establishing defined widths for the primary it wraps creating a full second line to the menu bar. I think it will be easier to change the name and length of the perpetrating page title and fix the page menu. It will sure make things much more uniform and attractive.

Well Flynn, once again I've learned a great deal about Wordpress and this theme while trying to figure this out. No education is lost education. I'm loving this learning process though.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 03:46 AM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Sorry for the delayed update. Lost all internet and phone service, outside home cable cut when competition was digging their cable trench.

I have followed the directions, made the attribute adjustments, and am very satisfied with the results.

Thank you for your contributions to my question and great directions.

Consider this challenge [SOLVED].