Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] How to make posts in Query Posts Plugin appear in 2 columns

Old Aug 12, 2010, 04:58 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Hi, I am using Atahualpa 3.5.1, WordPress 3.0.

The Author of the Query Posts Plugin gave me some CSS code to try to get the posts in a particular Query Posts widget to appear in two columns. But it didn't work. He suggested that if it did not work, I ask the author of Atahualpa.

Here is the CSS code he suggested that did not work:

/* Font. */
#query-posts-4 {
font-size: 14px;
}

/* Layout. */
#query-posts-4 {
overflow: hidden;
}

#query-posts-4 .widget {
clear: none;
float: left;
width: 100px; /* Adjust to your needs. */
margin: 0 10px 0 0; /* Adjust to your needs. */
}

Here are the CSS rules that he said the Atahualpa author could work with:

#query-posts-4 { }

.posts { }

.hentry { }

.entry-title { }

.byline { }

.entry-content { }

.entry-summary { }

.entry-meta { }

With the above, can anyone tell me how to get the posts in a particular Query Posts widget to appear in two columns? (My site under construction is at: www.HelpingYouCare.com/blog

Many thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is an easier way to have a two column post. In the Gold Forums Tutorials, you will find a template for creating two columns - no plugin needed. You can even pick how many single posts to show before slitting the posts into two columns.

The gold forums are available to anyone who has donates at least $20
Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:56 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you, Juggledad! I donated the $20, and found your template. Will try this -- and donate more to you if it works!

Will your page template place all posts associated to a page (whether via Post-Page Associator, List Category Posts, or Query Posts Plugins) in two columns within the center column?

Many thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 05:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I haven't tried it with any of the plugins you mentioned - give it a try and let everyone know the results
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:41 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Your Template works well to make a new post or category-like page containing only posts in two columns, and the designated number of posts before the columns.

However, unfortunately, it did not work with the Plugins I am using. My aim was to keep the "page page" that I am using for the front page, with all the text I have on it, and just to make the posts associated to that page via Post-Page Associator and List Category Posts Plugins appear in two columns.

I have since accomplished this by using another Plugin -- Columnize.

Many thanks!