Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Table Formatting Editor vs Actual Post

Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:20 AM
tisker

7 posts · Feb 2013
Hi everyone,
I'm a bit of a wordpress newbie, but I managed to create a pretty cool site with this great theme.
I do have a large software development background but I'm not a CSS pro.

One issue I'm hitting, is that when I create a post with a table, the table looks perfect in the post editor. However when posted, or when in preview the table 'explodes' to a much larger size, looking nothing like the editor.

Is there any way to make the posted or previewed version of the tables for posts only not inherit or use other site table formatting so that the posted table looks exactly like the table that you get when you are working in the editor?

Thanks all for any suggestions on this topic.
-T
Old Mar 15, 2013, 02:59 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Unless you already have a lot of posts that include tables, you might just consider migrating to CSS grids. Many webmasters have done that, some several years ago. MZ comes with a built in grid system that's fantastic.

P.S. If you have to use tables, if you confine them to a portion of the MZ grid, they should maintain their size (assuming your code validates and you've kept the "col" value total to 12 per any given row).

Last edited by jerryc; Mar 15, 2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: afterthought
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url pointing to the post with the table?
have you tried using a code examiner like FireBug in FireFox to look at the table and see what font-size the table is using

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 18, 2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 03:13 PM
tisker

7 posts · Feb 2013
I think ultimately we have decided to work with any tables as images instead.

I found a couple plugins that helped, but not amazingly, ultimately guess I was hoping that we could have 'What you see is what you get' editing from the various non-technical posters, so that when they create a table in the post, the edit matches the preview... guess that's not a realistic expectation to have!

Thanks,
-T