Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Post Thumbnails above the loop

Old Jul 27, 2010, 02:51 PM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
Looking for recommendations on getting a row of thumbnails (one thumbnail per post) on the main page center column. This would be 'above the loop', and show the first image from each post shown on the page.

The images would have links to the post belonging to the image.

Note that my center pages are not using excerpts, but show the full post, so need a solution that doesn't require using excerpts on the main page.

Thanks for the help.

(This site using WP 3.0, Atahualpa 3.5.3. Site is www.intotheflames.com )

..Rick...
Old Jul 27, 2010, 05:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Without finding a plugin that will do this for you, you are going to have do do a bit of coding. You are actually going tom have to code a loop to read each of the posts to get the text, then search thru the post for an image. You will have to read the variable that holds the number of posts per page so you know how many posts to visit.

I can't think of easy way to do this.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 05:49 PM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
J-Dad:

THanks for the quick response.

Was actually looking for some recommendations for plug-ins. I have tried several, but haven't found a good one yet.

Thanks...Rick..