Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Impossible to left align text after inserted image on page

Old May 17, 2010, 07:23 AM
tootsweet

7 posts · May 2010
France
Hello,

I use Atahualpa 3.4.6 and after inserting an image in a page I created, I can't left align the text that follows (on a new line). It keeps on coming back to the middle of the page, a bit below and at the right of the image.

After some reading on the forum, I have tried to insert html code (<br/>, <p>...) and various other solutions (like the installation of a new editor in Worpress admin) but nothing works!

Unfortunately, I only have a local version of the website so I can't supply any link. However I would like to know if there is a relatively simple solution to this basic problem?
If possible, I would like to avoid having to fiddle with the CSS...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Clément
Old May 17, 2010, 07:36 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This is only a guess. But if you center aligned the picture the text may be picking up the alignment from the picture. What I would do is delete everything from the page/post, put in the text, and see if it is left aligned. Once that is confirmed I would add the picture on a new line at the top.
Old May 17, 2010, 03:30 PM
tootsweet

7 posts · May 2010
France
Hello Larry,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, that might be what's happening. I think the difficulty is that I want to do a list as below:

< TITLE : >

< Picture >

< Picture >

< Picture >

< TITLE : >

< Picture >

< Picture >

< Picture >

Etc, etc...

If I center align everything, it works: everything is center aligned. However it doesn't work when I left align the first title and then center align the pic, because as you say, the text that comes after the picture picks up the alignment of the pic.
So do you know if there is any way to have: left align title - center algin pic - left align align title ???

Thanks a lot for your help!

Clément
Old May 17, 2010, 03:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I usually use the HTML mode in the editor if I don't want code creeping into things I don't want it to. What you could do though is put all the ext in then add the pictures or put everything in without any formatting making sure you put a space between the pix and the text and then go back and center align the pictures. This is a lot easier to do than explain.
Old May 18, 2010, 06:53 AM
tootsweet

7 posts · May 2010
France
Thanks Larry. I will try that and will let you know!

Regards,
Clément