Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Setting number of post count in category page

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 25, 2011, 04:22 AM
tropmixxer

2 posts · Apr 2011
Setting number of post count in category page

Hi I really need help with this issue because I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

I'm running on Wordpress 3.1.1. Atahualpa 3.6.4

I want to show 2 posts on my home page and at least 10 post excerpts on multi posts pages.
I've set the number of post to show on the home page to 2 from "WP Settings -> Reading".
When I do this, I found that every other page that are suppose to have multiple post shows max 2 post. Tag pages, category pages, monthly archives, search results. Every supposed multi post page shows at most 2 posts.

So I went back to fiddle with "WP Settings -> Reading" and found when I change the number of post to show, every multi page post follows.

I've tried using custom menu and it does not work. And I've tried creating archives page from the Atahualpa theme options and it does not work. And I cannot find the line on query_posts in the coding.......
Nothing seems to work. Every multi post page follows what I set on "WP Settings -> Reading".

I want to show 2 posts on my home page and at least 10 or all posts excerpts on multi posts pages.
Will the good people here pls pls help with a solution. I have a feeling that it is a quick fix. Just that I'm too blur to see it.