Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

background image to body

Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:07 AM
hdrieman

3 posts · Feb 2009
Hi,

I added a repeated background image to the body by a "background-image: url(wp-content/gallery/website/ruitjes.gif);" (without the quotes). After that, I only see that background on the homepage and not on the other pages. Strangs! Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks,
Hans Drieman
Old Feb 11, 2009, 05:14 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Change that to

HTML Code:
background-image: url(/wp-content/gallery/website/ruitjes.gif);
Note the slash at the beginning
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:44 AM
hdrieman

3 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn,

Thanks for your quick response.
I made your suggested change, but now the background-image didn't work at all!?

In the first situation, only on the homepage.

Hopely this problem in your great flexible theme will get a solution, because manipulating the bachground of the different divs and the body is essential for developing the theme.

Thanks,
Hans Drieman
Old Feb 11, 2009, 05:26 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This is not a theme problem

Looks like your WP installation is in a subdirectory yourdomain.com/blog/ ?

I have only focused on the missing slash, also to be sure, the full background declaration should be

HTML Code:
 background: transparent url(/wp-content/gallery/website/ruitjes.gif) repeat scroll top left;
If your WP is in /blog/ the path to the image would be

HTML Code:
 background: transparent url(/blog/wp-content/gallery/website/ruitjes.gif) repeat scroll top left;
Post a URL if this doesn't work
Old Feb 25, 2009, 04:10 AM
hdrieman

3 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks Flynn,

I didn't ad the blog-sundirectory to the backgroud-image string in the CSS.

Now it works,

Thanks,
Hans Drieman