Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Simple Question I think

Old Aug 5, 2010, 07:01 AM
bobbaird

4 posts · Feb 2010
Hi,
I am trying to allow my visitors to comment on my posts at the bottom of the post. Is this possible with this theme (standard configuration controls)? I have looked in WP and the theme editor and can't see to find what I think is normally the default for a blog. Here is my site: www.watercolorbob.com

Thanks so much,http://forum.bytesforall.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
Bob Baird
Old Aug 5, 2010, 08:55 AM
JaneD

72 posts · Jan 2009
Maybe you already corrected this... because there is a link called "Leave a comment" in the grey bar below your posts... and when I checked out the individual post pages, the "Leave a reply" are is right there at the bottom... or is the problem that the comments aren't showing?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 08:28 PM
bobbaird

4 posts · Feb 2010
Jane,
Thanks. I think you may be right, something I did must have worked. I am also interested in having the comments show up as you mentioned. However, since I haven't had any comments yet (because they couldn't leave any before :-), I am not sure if it is turned off or if they just haven't commented. Should the comments normally show by default or is there something I need to do proactively?
Thanks again,
Bob
Old Aug 6, 2010, 02:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check your 'Discussion settings' (dashboard->Settings->Discussion) and see wether you have to approve comments before they are displayed. I just posted a comment so you can check it out