Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

alignment of menu bar?

Old Mar 26, 2009, 05:44 PM
grittler

3 posts · Mar 2009
Is there an easy way to move the menubar from left align to right? I thought there would be something in the design options pages for the theme but I can't find anything that fits.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 06:44 AM
bpbaker

23 posts · Dec 2008
Whitstable, Kent, England.
This is one of the many tweaks and new options that Flynn will be including in release 3.2.1 which is imminent.
Old May 27, 2009, 06:59 PM
WebWeaver

28 posts · May 2009
Nevada City, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to WebWeaver
Yes that would be great to have choices for left, center or right align with both the page and category navbars in the next version.

-WebWeaver
Old May 29, 2009, 04:17 PM
bpbaker

23 posts · Dec 2008
Whitstable, Kent, England.
In 3.32 I needed to change the page menu to right align and did this by editing Style.css, section:

/* ------------------------------------------------------------------
---------- EXTENDED MENU MECHANICS ----------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------ */

/* These rules exist only for specific menu types, such as horizontal
or vertical menus, right or left aligned menus. */

ul.rMenu-hor li
{
float: left;
width: auto;
}

to:

ul.rMenu-hor li
{
float: right;
width: auto;
}

This also flipped the menu order from left to right. To solve this I changed the page order numbers to get them back into my original order.

This may have not been the correct way to do this, but it worked for me. I had no need to try 'center' but perhaps it would work for those who want it.

A word of advise - Before you edit any file make a backup of it first! Failing that, copy and paste the lines you are about to edit into Notepad, so if all hell breaks loose after you've saved your edit you can overwrite your edited lines with the original ones re-pasted back from Notepad.

Last edited by bpbaker; May 29, 2009 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Corrected the version number.