Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Image alignment messed up

Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:18 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Since upgrading from Ata 3.2 to 3.4.3, we've had troubles with our image alignment in posts. If we want to align an image in the center, sometimes it will align left or right and have word wrap, even if it's just one word in a narrow gutter beside the image. This is how my partner describes the problem:

Photos set to align "center" or "none" had been sitting in the midst of text on their own - with text properly above or below in separate paragraphs. Suddenly, they are being shoved to the right - poking into the right sidebar with text wrapping on the left.

Any idea why this is happening?

Here is a sample of the problem: http://www.larchmontgazette.com/poli...icting-reform/

Last edited by paulae; Oct 28, 2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 06:07 PM
sparksmex

56 posts · Apr 2009
Jocotepec, Mexico
Jump into HTML mode and see where the paragraph markers are. Thats happened to me when I don't leave space between paragraphs
Old Oct 28, 2009, 06:09 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Yup, I looked. The surrounding paragraphs have the proper markers, but the image doesn't. It's not supposed to, is it? The image begins and ends with the caption code.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 07:55 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Here is another post with weird wrapping, down at the bottom:
http://www.larchmontgazette.com/news...larchmont-ave/

I realize this one has a hinky table added, which might cause problems, but we were able to do this kind of thing before WP2.8 and Atahualpa 3.4.4 (I've now upgraded from 3.4.3 to 3.4.4).
Old Oct 29, 2009, 01:14 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
OK, this is a "duh" moment.

I was going nuts with this problem. Then, a little bird told me to go look at the theme options, Style Images. I dimly remembered, a few weeks ago, changing the CSS for the images with captions, to try to make the "frame" look pretty. I put this in instead of the default:
Code:
-moz-background-clip:border;
-moz-background-inline-policy:continuous;
-moz-background-origin:padding;
background:#F0F2FF none repeat scroll 0 0;
float:right;
padding:8px 0;
text-align:center;
When I removed that and went back to the default CSS, the problem disappeared! Whew!

The only issue now is that captioned images have a lopsided border. The left border is pretty much not there at all. I am going to play with the default CSS to try to add some gray border area on the left.