Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Installation/Upgrade Issues »

Header Image Problem in Preparation For Upgrade

Old Aug 15, 2016, 07:28 PM
BrightonNY

38 posts · Jul 2013
Been checking but so far nothing that stands out as the problem.

I'm also going to try to recreate the problem by rebuilding the site on a new subdomain. I've already created an xml file and installed on new site. The ATA settings I will do one at a time and test.

I now realize that when I originally built the site I should have documented the steps I took. I cannot recall/find certain things I did.

Thanks.

Last edited by BrightonNY; Aug 15, 2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 04:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
once again I will state, if you don't see the image when you entrer it's full path in the browser address bar, there is some permission issue and the theme won't be able to display it.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 03:03 PM
BrightonNY

38 posts · Jul 2013
Yes, I agree that there is a path/permissions problem. I have diligently followed all your suggestions and repeated them to make sure I did them correctly.

I have checked the .htaccess file both in the root as well as in the TESTING folder. I see some specifications but nothing that appears to be interfering with the path/permssions. What should I be looking for as well as in other files? Would there be an explicit name of a folder or a file? I will go through every file once I understand what I'm looking for.

Also, I don't what to change anything in the TESTING subdomain to add confusion to the analysis. Yesterday I received a notice that one of my newer subdomains was automatically upgraded to WP 3.6. I believe there used to be a setting to chose manual updating; I can't find it anymore. Is there a way to stop WP automatic updating?

Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 03:09 PM
BrightonNY

38 posts · Jul 2013
Correction: Automatically upgraded to 4.6, not 3.6.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 03:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Is there a way to stop WP automatic updating?
add the following to your wp-config.php
define( 'WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE', false );
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:26 AM
BrightonNY

38 posts · Jul 2013
Will do. Thanks!