Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Custom page titles

Old Aug 3, 2010, 05:43 AM
cwikdahl

19 posts · Jun 2010
Custom page titles

What's the best way to have a different page title than the header of the page?

I want the title to be descriptive of our business, but basically just say "welcome to our page" as the heading of the front page.

site: www.enharligsalong.se

Thanks,
Claes
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:41 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you are using Atahualpa 3.5.3 you can go to ATO>Configure SEO and select Yes to Use Post/Page Options. You will now have place on every post or page where you can put a title for single or multi post pages. The title will show on the menu and what you put in these boxes will show up on the page. If you are using WP 3 and are using the WP 3 menu system you can title the page any way you want and then change the text for the menu in Appearance Menus.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 01:09 PM
cwikdahl

19 posts · Jun 2010
Ah, thanks! Now the question if I dare to upgrade
Old Aug 3, 2010, 01:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
There is link in the FAQ thread about upgrading. I highly suggest the manual route and of course back up your database and content first.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 06:56 AM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
Regarding the quote below, does this effect the ways that search engines will find the page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
If you are using Atahualpa 3.5.3 you can go to ATO>Configure SEO and select Yes to Use Post/Page Options. You will now have place on every post or page where you can put a title for single or multi post pages. The title will show on the menu and what you put in these boxes will show up on the page. If you are using WP 3 and are using the WP 3 menu system you can title the page any way you want and then change the text for the menu in Appearance Menus.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 07:09 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I suspect that what shows up on the page is what will affect the search engines along with how you set up any SEO plugins.