Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

Default Comments Feed not working

Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:06 PM
Navi

2 posts · Jan 2009
great theme -
I have run ito an issue where in the header the default RSS feeds Post and Comments are having problems. The subscribe to POSTS feed works fine but the subscribe to COMMENTS feed gives an error. These are the two default feeds in the header. I dont see a place to configure them and I believe they are using the default links. After clicking on the subscribe to Comments link I get the following error in IE7 -

A semi colon character was expected.
Line: 18 Character: 42

<link>http://www.openpen.org/?p=4&cpage=1#comment-11</link>

Anyone have any Ideas how to address this?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:26 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Those unencoded ampersand characters in the new WP 2.7 comment pagination URLs

<link>http://www.openpen.org/?p=4&cpage=1#comment-11</link>

are also throwing errors in the W3C validator. I can only wait until Wordpress updates that I guess. Could you try to remove the recent comments widget and see if the errors go away? Also see if it works in the default theme.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:41 PM
Navi

2 posts · Jan 2009
Not using recent comments widget at all yet. I have another machine I am running WP2.7 on and have Big Apache installed, running it on localhost. Loaded the default theme and still same issue.

Perhaps I can manually change it in WP???
Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:02 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It may be related to your local setup. Please try the default theme to see if it's theme related. According to the error message it is complaining about the & and probably expecting &amp;