Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Are hidden page or post possible?

Old Oct 8, 2010, 07:39 PM
harr

1 posts · Sep 2010
Is it possible to make a post or page that can only be found by a link?

Example.
I send an email to Bill Jones with a link " www. website .com/newcontact/Bill_Jones"

when Bill gets the email he follows the link to a page that is customized for him.

I don't want the page to show up anywhere in menus ect so that other new contacts do not see a list with their name and 50 other names.

I have tried making "New Contact" category and making the posts private but if you remove "Billl_Jones" from the url in browser then you see all the post listed as names.

In Atahualpa post Options i have checked the "NOT display the Body Title on Single Post or Static Pages" box.

Any ideas?

Thanks Harry
Old Oct 8, 2010, 11:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could use the WordPress 3.0.1 menu systems and not build a menu item for the page.

You could install a plugin that lets you exclude a page from the menu.

You could install a plugin that allows you to set certain pages as private.

For the plugins just go to wordpress.org and start searching.