Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Logo Image disappears in IE

Old Dec 13, 2010, 02:18 AM
acmac

2 posts · Dec 2010
Greetings BFA community!

We are using Atahualpa with a rather non typical layout, placing both the logo and header images on the same horizontal plane. You can see it here:

http://acmac.net/acu/pro/

The positioning was achieved by editing the values in the Atahualpa settings within the WP control panel, like so:

Style & Edit HEADER AREA - Logo Image: Styling

float: left;
margin: 0px 0px -110px 0px;

Header Image - Header Image: Alignment

top right

We were very happy with the result until we tried viewing it in IE v 8 and 9 Beta, where the logo image disappears. Works fine in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Is there a custom tag we could add to any of the Ata configuration files to make IE display it, please?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Slava
ACMAC
Old Dec 13, 2010, 08:07 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The Logo and image are in two different table cells and IE doesn't like the floating CSS for that. There are a couple of ways I handle this type of layout.

The easiest is to just create several header images with the logo and blog title as part of them such as I did on this site which uses four different images.

Another way is to add a two celled widget area in place of %logo and %image and use widgets to add your logo and text to the left area and another widget to add your image in the right. The right one in your case could be a slideshow widget which picks up a random image.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 04:57 PM
acmac

2 posts · Dec 2010
Many thanks, Larry, will give it a go!

Kind regards,

Slava
ACMAC