Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] A Newbie (and simple?) question

Old Aug 5, 2010, 05:45 AM
jcarlosd

8 posts · Aug 2010
[SOLVED] A Newbie (and simple?) question

Hi, I'm completely new to Atahualpa Theme that I just installed because its huge customization.

I installed version 3.5.3 and my idea is to design a blog with a big image along the top, no logo, no title, no link at the header. Below, I want to put a menu at the left created with small images. No automatic categories or pages list

I got stuck at current situation: http://filosofiaparalavida.nueva-acropolis.es/ and after reading FAQ and few more posts in this forum I could not find how to fix:
- remove two gray bars behind the header image
- show the menu I created behind the image too
- create image links in the menu

Sorry for asking these simple questions: I'll try to catch up fast with this theme that seems very promising to my needs

J.C.a
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8521
under HEADER - item 4

if you put your menu behind the image, you won't see it

you will need to add CSS to the ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts to add images for your menu items
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:33 AM
jcarlosd

8 posts · Aug 2010
Thx! You are fast
I read that thread but did not relate to my question until now. So I fixed the first question

However, I did not undestand your reply to #2: how can I avoid to put the menu below the header, not behind it?

And regarding question #3, I have some idea about editing the CSS, but how can I attach my menu items with the CSS code?

JC
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
However, I did not undestand your reply to #2: how can I avoid to put the menu below the header, not behind it?
you will need to use the 'z-index' to get your menu to show over the image (do a google search for 'css z-index; and read up about it)

you can't attach your menu items with CSS, you need to code HTML for the menu, but to get an image to show up, you want to use CSS. Since you are building your own menu (you should look at the new WordPress menu feature in wp 3+ when building a menu) you will have to define your ID's and Classes and then code the appropriate CSS Selectors and rules to get our menu to work.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:46 AM
jcarlosd

8 posts · Aug 2010
I'll follow your recomendation regarding the z-index

Regarding the menu items, yes, I installed WP 3.01 and using the menu feature. I saw that my menu item has this CSS inside the <li></li>:
id="menu-item-7" class="menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-7"

So I added this code in the CSS inserts:
menu-item-7{
background: url('<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/images/menu/dia-mundial-filosofia.jpg')
}

Is it enough?

JC
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did it work? if so, it's enough