Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Turbo Gears

Old Feb 18, 2009, 01:32 PM
Jerry

65 posts · Feb 2009
The beautiful Pacific Northwest USA
Turbo Gears

Would turbo gears be helpful/work with this theme?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 02:40 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Absolutely not as Turbo Gears is not even PHP. Or did you not mean the Python framework?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 03:01 PM
Jerry

65 posts · Feb 2009
I'm not familiar with that Flynn,
Turbo Gears is offer within the wordpress dashboard.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 03:20 PM
owenl

44 posts · Jan 2009
I'll try to help clarify. I think he means the Google Gears online/offline app that was implemented in Wordpress to allow you to work on a site - especially writing new posts - offline on your local computer - and then have it all update when you went online. My guess is that it would work fine. You have to download and run some google code on your local machine for it to work. I will try it now and let you know.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 03:32 PM
owenl

44 posts · Jan 2009
OK, tried it out - downloaded the google gears stuff, reactivated browser, switched it on in wordpress, watched as 260 files got loaded locally, changed somethings in regular wordpress and in the atahualpa options tabs - all worked fine. can't say it sped anything up for me though.

it is actually a way to locally cache your wordpress files so that you can get better performance working on your wordpress site.

anyway - it worked for me.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 06:32 PM
Jerry

65 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks Owen,
Yeah it's at wordpress dashboard/tools/tools/turbo gears, and yeah I guess that is what it does.