Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Center Column Top - widget area only in home

Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:47 AM
francesco

8 posts · Oct 2015
I download Atahualpa 3.7.24 and i try to make first blog in wordpress, now make blog on local with XAMPP.
I used this theme beacuse is possible have three column in center area in top of post.
Now i would see this widget area only in home and othe page free of this widget, i try to put in option of theme in box"Center Column Top - widget area" this string
<?php if (is_front_page()) {bfa_widget_area('name=Top of Page Area Spaces&cells=3');} ?>
but the widget area missing in all pages.
help me please.
Regards
Francesco
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can't use the
HTML Code:
if (is_front_page())
php in the statement due to a WordPress theme restriction.

So just create the widget area and use the plugin 'exec-php' and then put the 'is_front_page()' in teh widget logic section of the widget area.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:45 AM
francesco

8 posts · Oct 2015
appreciate your reply very quickly.
I downloaded plugin exec-php and I activated, I try to put sting in "Center Column Top - widget area" but again the central column missing in all page... I'm very desperate!! I'm sure i forgot a passage!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 02:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Sorry, it was a long weekend - install the plugin 'widget logic' not 'exec php' (sigh...)

1) add your widget area using the following code
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Top of Page Area Spaces&cells=3'); ?>
2) go view your home page
3) go to the widget area, you should now see 3 widget areas (since that is what you requested):
Top of Page Area Spaces 1
Top of Page Area Spaces 2
Top of Page Area Spaces 3
4) put the calendar widget in the widget area 'Top of Page Area Spaces 1'
5) go view your home page - you should see the calendar
6) go to the widget area and edit the calendar widget and at the bottom you should see the widget logic section - add
HTML Code:
is_front_page()
the widget will only show on the front page
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:47 AM
francesco

8 posts · Oct 2015
thank you so much Juggledad now it's ok, I have widget area only on front page!!