Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Includes not working after a move to a new host

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:33 PM
Graveyard Shifter

24 posts · Dec 2009
Help [SOLVED] Includes not working after a move to a new host

After moving WordPress to a new host some strange problem appeared that prevents my Atahualpa 3.6.4 theme to display correctly. Basically what I see after a page load is an empty page with just a background. Tracing this problem I discovered that the cause is an include statement on line 18 in header.php that fails to execute correctly:
PHP Code:
    <?php if( $bfa_ata['html_inserts_header'] != '' ) include 'bfa://html_inserts_header'?>
On the old host it was loading a css stylesheet which is defined in HTML Inserts: Header section of Atahualpa Options. On the new host it loads nothing and causes a termination in a page load process which means that a page generated is blank except some HTML header statements that goes before this include statement, all statements after line 18 are not executed at all.

Trying to investigate further I commented this include statement out and a page was generating as expected until the next include statement <?php include 'bfa://html_inserts_body_tag'; ?> which is on line 21.

So my guess is that include 'bfa://html_inserts_...' statements does not work on a new host for some reason. Not new to WordPress, I moved WP to other hosts several times before without any issues.

Turning on WP_DEBUG gave me no messages.

Is this some kind of server configuration issue? How does exactly include 'bfa://html_inserts_header' work? I used include statement with php or other file name only. How does exactly 'bfa://html_inserts_header' resolve? Is this some kind of symbolic link?

Will be grateful to anybody who may shed some light on this weird issue ...