Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget area height relative to sidebar height

Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:18 AM
aQuickStudy

43 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks to juggledad for helping me split a sidebar into two widget areas to mimic two sidebars. One lingering question:

I used CSS to place a border on the left of the farthest right-hand widget area to mimic the sidebar border, but since the widget area doesn't go to the bottom of the sidebar, the border doesn't either. What's the best way to force it to continue to the bottom so the border is complete? (The site is http://www.localoranges.com for reference).

Thanks again!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 02:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I fiddled with just that issue and never came across a good solution. Just curious. Why did you not want to use two sidebars? It looks like it would have worked for your purposes.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 02:35 PM
aQuickStudy

43 posts · Mar 2010
On some of the other pages I'm using the other right sidebar at a different width setting (making it so that I can't use a widget location plugin for this particular task). I'm also using both left sidebars for some other pages, so all the sidebars were used up in ways incompatible with what I needed for the home page.

I originally asked how to create a new sidebar and went this route instead. I'm thinking I could maybe define the height of the widget area in pixels since the main column content isn't going to change in size...