Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] How to change the background color of a particular page menu item

Old Oct 11, 2010, 03:50 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
Hello

I am looking to change the background color of a particular page menu item for example, the "About" page link. The page id is 2 . What would be the code for that ?. Please let me know the code that I need to put into. I want a seperate background color for that item on the page menu nomatter what the current page is. If there is a detailed thread on this, please guide me towards it.I am working on a local installation and thats why I can't give you the link Thank you

Jimmy
Old Oct 11, 2010, 05:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You need to look at your page source and find the code dealing with the menu. From there you can look at what the ID or CLASS is for the menu item you want. Using this information, you should be able to create a CSS selector to apply to that specific menu item and then you can add the CSS selector and CSS rules for that item to the CSS Inserts option.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:33 PM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
This is what I am using if anyone wants to copy
Code:
div#menu1 li.page-item-52 a {
  background:  #ff0000 !important;
  color:#ffffff !important;
  text-transform: uppercase !important;
  font-weight: bold !important;
}
div#menu1 li.page-item-52.current_page_item a {