Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Change Menu/Widget Hover Color?

Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:23 PM
azhskr

4 posts · Jan 2013
I have customized the CSS and have been able to successfully change all of the "out of the box" blue colors to my own custom color. The only thing I cannot figure out is how to change the color that is displayed when you hover over either a widget on the sidebar, or a menu item. Both are still the original blue color. I've been mashing my head against this for about 3 hours now and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did you look at the CSS Files section of the them options?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:56 PM
azhskr

4 posts · Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Did you look at the CSS Files section of the them options?
Yes, that's how I was able to change all of the other colors in the theme that by default are blue, to my chosen color. The only thing I can't figure out how to change is the color that is displayed on the icons when you hover over them.

For example, when you look at a menu, it has a gray star. When you hover over the star, it changes to the default blue color, where do I change that blue color at?

Same thing goes for widgets, when you hover over them they become blue, where do I change it so that I can make them my own color?

I have searched through all the CSS pages for the HTML color code for the blue color and replaced it with my own color, but nowhere have I seen the code to change that hover color.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 05:57 PM
azhskr

4 posts · Jan 2013
Another option of course is, how do I just turn off the hover action entirely? That would also work.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:44 PM
azhskr

4 posts · Jan 2013
Fixed my issue. Turns out that is a background image. Uncommenting out the background-image line in the widgets.css turned off that functionality.