Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

BUGFIX 361-01: meta tags not appearing in generated source

Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Due to a rewrite of some of the code the meta tags are not being written in the generated source. This can be fixed by editing bfa_meta_tags.php and changing line 3 from
HTML Code:
	global $bfa_ata;
to
HTML Code:
	global $bfa_ata, $post;
you can also use the attached copy of bfa_meta_tags.php which has the correction already made.
Download it, unzip it and then upload it to the atahualpa 'functions' folder replacing the original.
bfa_meta_tags.php.zip
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:35 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Thanks for the fix, JD. Donation made yesterday.

Also, would you recommend we start using 3.6 or not? Other than this meta tag fix, is the current version in the download area truly OK?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:02 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
You rock juggledad! I sent you some PayPal love (as much love as I'll ever give to another guy :P )

BTW, found another bug in 3.6.1

When, as an unlogged visitor, one tries to leave a comment, you can't tab from "name" field to the next one - instead focus skips two fields and goes straight onto the content field

Not a biggie as far as I'm concerned, but I thought you guys would like to know.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:07 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
Thanks for the fix, JD. Donation made yesterday.

Also, would you recommend we start using 3.6 or not? Other than this meta tag fix, is the current version in the download area truly OK?
I've done quite a bit of playing with it, and aside from a glitch I mentioned above, it seems fine for the most part. I suggest exporting your settings before you upgrade so you can quickly go back if need be. Just don't remove the old version from the server, and you should be able to revert any time.

Mind you, I'm not a developer - just a power user
Old Jan 13, 2011, 01:41 AM
lordi

14 posts · Jun 2010
hoh, i upgrade from 3.5.3 to latest (3.6.1-01), but still result in blank white page

any clue on this?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Paulae - (thanks for the donation - and I'll be sending you a photo today )
Some sites are having problems - some aren't so there seems to be an environment issue. It may be related to Suhosin. No matter, a change may have to be made. There was a lot of code changed from 3.5.3 to 3.6.0/3.6.1 because of new WordPress theme requirements and whenever there is a lot of code changes, bugs creep in (the meta bug for instance). My approach to this would be have both 3.5.3 and 3.6.1 installed. If you hit a problem, you can quickly reactivate 3.5.3 till the issue is fixed.

flyboy - see BUGFIX 361-02: Tab order on comment form incorrect when user is not logged in

lordi - please open a separate thread and include the url

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 13, 2011 at 04:39 AM.