Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Custom header.php & css: logo doesn't show

Old Jan 25, 2010, 04:53 PM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
I'm working on making my blog header match my website's header (see www.dougcoe.com).

My blog is at www.dougcoe.com/blog/

In Atahualpa's file named header.php I've...
- copied the css for the header from my website (in the <head> area)
- copied the html for the header from my website (just after the existing header stuff) and changed it to:
id="header-dc" to differentiate it from any Atahualpa header stuff.

The problem is my logo (as seen on my website, see above) doesn't show up in Firefox (or Opera) and only the bottom half is visible in Safari.

I tried adding another <div> in my added header html as follows:
<div id="homemain-dc">
<div id="header-dc">

That got my logo to show up just fine...except if someone increases the "Text only" in Safari. Then the yellow line (bottom-border in my css in #header-dc) shows up in two different places as the text size is increased.

Complicated, I know. Thank you for any help.

- Doug

P.S. I've donated to this site and to juggledad in hopes of some clues.

Last edited by dougc; Jan 26, 2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 04:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Doug, it looks like you are just trying to float a button for the blog, why not use the tip at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4223 as a basis - that way you don't have to change any of the code?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 05:23 PM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
Juggledad,
Following your lead, I'm now trying to set up my header without major changes to the code. I've installed WP and Atahualpa locally on my Mac to play with.

I've got my logo showing up ok, but to the right of it are the words "Posts Comments". Can you tell me how to turn them off? I don't know what they are doing there.

Thanks for the help,
Doug
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That is weird and without looking I haven't a clue. If you would like to set up a time to screen share via iChat, send me a private message and we'll see if we can arrange something.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:00 AM
dougc

41 posts · Nov 2009
I went back to cusomizing the header.php file and succeeded in getting the kinks out. So now my header (logo with navigation links "floating" on top of it) works great.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Case closed.