Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

setting colors for links

Old Feb 24, 2009, 03:12 PM
dsachs

7 posts · Feb 2009
Hi -

I am trying to set colors for links in widget list items. i change the hex code in 'widget list items' / 'list items and links inside', but alas to no effect. nothing changes.

i also wonder abot moving the blog title over from the left edge without creating massive emply room up to the top and down to the blog tagline which i do by changing the blog title padding to say 5% which moves the title over in the header but results in the aforementioned vast empy spaces above and below the title.

thanks,
david
Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:24 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Are you changing "Link Text Color" and "Link Text Hover Color" (the two color input fields on the right side)?

You might be changing "Left Border Color for Links" (on the left) and have the border width set to 0, in that case you wouldn't see a change.

Please post a URL if you think you've changed the right setting.

Re: Title: I would have to see this, but try padding-left: 5px instead of padding: 5px to avoid the padding being applied to top and bottom as well.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 12:57 AM
dsachs

7 posts · Feb 2009
Hi again -

Your tips about the padding for the title worked great. Thanks.

I have tried setting colors for all the settings in the widget list items, just to see what works. Doesn't seem that any of the settings have any effect, so I have misunderstood something.

url = lasewa.net

very much work in progress and as I have little visual talents I will get family to help with a more appealing design. right now I am just trying to arrive at a functional design that works for my purposes. All that is an excuse for a rather drab design.

thanks,
David
Old Feb 25, 2009, 05:21 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Do you perhaps mean normal links in widgets, those inside regular text? The "widget list items" only refer to links inside "list items" (<ul><li>..</li><li>..</li></ul>) inside widgets. The other links in widgets, which are not list items, get the default styling which is set Body, Text & Links -> Link Default Color / Link Hover Color.

To change those other links inside widgets, you can add this as HTML/CSS Insert -> CSS Insert

HTML Code:
td#left a:link,
td#left a:visited, 
td#left a:active,
td#right a:link, 
td#right a:visited, 
 td#right a:active {
color: #123456;
}
HTML Code:
td#left a:hover,
td#right a:hover {
color: #123456;
}
Old Feb 25, 2009, 08:05 AM
dsachs

7 posts · Feb 2009
i have copied the html code exactly into the css insert settings. no change. this td#, should i copy that literally?

i saw that another user had a similar problem and that your suggestion worked for her. i must be doing something wrong.

it's a widget (left and right sidebars) using pages widgets. are those links different?

thanks again,
David
Old Feb 25, 2009, 08:22 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You colors seem to be changed, it seems to be working. In which browser does it not work?

Your widget list item links are currently set to default: #000000 and hover: #666666 which is the default setting at Widgets -> Widget List Items -> Link Text Color / Link Text Hover Color.

You are also using the CSS Insert from post #4. This is overwriting the settings of Widgets -> Widget List Items -> Link Text Color / Link Text Hover Color.

You CSS Insert sets the default color to #121212 (a very dark gray) and the hover color to #123456 (a very dark blue). Those colors are working for me.

Since you meant the list item links, you could as well remove that CSS Insert again and use the settings at Widgets -> Widget List Items -> Link Text Color / Link Text Hover Color. (which are currently being overwritten by the CSS insert)